HILLTOWN FAMILY VARIETY SHOW
with Gwendolyn Sanford
from Gwendolyn and the Good Time Gang
WXOJ LP – 103.3 FM – Valley Free Radio
Tuesday evening @ 7pm
- Sammy Kaye – “Chickery Chick” [Swing and Sway with Sammy Kaye]
- Marlo Thomas & Friends – “It’s Alright To Cry” [Free to Be You and Me]
- Ween – “Loop De Loop” [SpongeBob SquarePants: The Soundtrack]
- Kevin Kline – “Busy Busy Busy” [Philadelphia Chickens]
- Hans Zimmer – “Spider Pig” [Simpsons Movie Soundtrack]
- Mr. Rogers – “Mr. Rogers Neighborhood” [Television’s Greatest Hits, Vol.2: From the 50′s and 60′s]
- Gwendolyn and the Good Time Gang – “Sunny Day” [Get Up and Dance]
- Escape from Noise – “Over the Hiccups” [Negativeland]
- Cake – “Mahna Mahna” [For the Kids]
- Gwendolyn and the Good Time Gang – “Freedom of the Heart – Ooodily, Ooodily” [Gwendolyn and the Good Time Gang]
- Gwendolyn and the Good Time Gang – “Red Means Stop” [Get Up and Dance]
- Gwendolyn and the Good Time Gang – “Run Baby Run” [Get Up and Dance]
This week’s episode was co-hosted by our special Guest DJ, all the way from L.A., Gwendolyn Sanford from Gwendolyn and the Good Time Gang. This West Coast seven-piece band recently finished an East Coast Tour, including a stop here in the Hilltowns! Gwendolyn came by the studio and did a Guest DJ set with us before heading off to Boston to conclude their tour and to face the remnants of Hurricane Noel. (Hey G., Hope y’all got out of Beantown alright.) Super nice person! We look forward to having her on the show again.
PERFORMANCE AT CAM
This past Saturday they performed at the Children’s Art Museum in Shelburne Falls, and they ROCKED! Click here to see photos from the performance. I was pleasantly surprised at how engaging and dynamic the band was. The kids just loved them, as you can see here in a low-fi video shot during the concert of “Red Means Stop” off of their album Get Up and Dance, a song which brings the game “Red Light, Green Light” into the rock n’ roll arena:
My daughter has been singing/playing this song/game ever since Saturday. She’s grown especially fond of singing it when I’m cooking dinner, which eventually leads to food burning or something spilling over before I nix the game. And I’ve found myself taking advantage of her fondness of this song by singing it to her when getting her dressed, brushing her teeth, or any other time I need her to be wiggle-free.
THIS WEEK’S CONTEST
We have a new contest this week, featuring Gwendolyn and the Good Time Gang. Here’s your chance to win their CD and their infant sized T-shirt they submitted to the HFVS T-Shirt Review (for that baby in your life). All you have to do is post a comment below in our comment box and on Tuesday, 11/16/07 (extended to 11/20/07 due to our fundraising drive at the radio station) @ 7pm we’ll randomly draw from the submitted comments. It’s that easy! So what are you waiting for?… Green means GO!