QUESTION AND ANSWERS
Raspberries came in early this year and many early varieties were due for picking starting last week. Where’s your favorite place to pick raspberries with the family in Western MA?
- Nancy Cavillones responds: Ooh, I am going to follow this thread! We are new to the area and don’t know the picking spots yet!
- Liz Castro responds: There’s a great place in Plainfield but I can’t remember the name …
- Shannon Toye responds: Lakeview Orchard, Cheshire, MA. Delicious cherries too!
- Sienna Wildfield responds: Cherries?! Thanks for the lead, Shannon! – Ed Stockman from Summit Farm (131 Summit Street) in Plainfield (organic raspberries) mentioned that he will have PYO starting June 26th!
- Josh Pelland responds: Even the Noho and Amherst rail trail is full of ‘em. Get them before the birds do!
- Kristin Schlereth responds: Along the rail trail in Easthampton!
- Jennifer Pierce responds: www.pickyourown.org/mass – The bike path in Turners Falls by Unity Park.
- Chris Sanborn responds: My backyard on Hillside Road.
- Heather Richardson responds: Blueberries are ready too according to Dickinson Farms in Granby! Thanks for posting raspberries I wanted to do those too!
- Aime DeGrenier responds: “Mountain Pasture Farm – No pesticides are used, blueberries, raspberries (Autumn, red)… 818 Surriner Road, Becket, MA. Phone: 413-658-8431. Alternate Phone: 413-623-6455. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Open: 10 am to 5 pm Saturday through Thursday, closed on Friday Do not use pesticides. Cash, only.”