QUESTION AND ANSWERS
One of our readers asked about swimming holes in Western MA to take her family to this summer, and while many locals keep their best swimming holes a treasured secret, several of our readers shared some of their favorite, not-so-secret, swimming spots in the region.
- Aimee Welch Champion recommends: Plainfield Pond in Plainfield, MA.
- Roberta Fortini-Curran recommends: North Pond in Southwick, MA; Windsor Lake in North Adams, MA; Windsor Jambs in Windsor, MA; Onota Lake in Pittsfield, MA; and Margaret Lindley Park in Williamstown, MA.
- Peter Freisem recommends: Chapel Brook in Ashfield, MA.
- Kristy Matusiewicz Dyer recommends: Westbrook in Whately, MA.
- Mary Anne Antonellis recommends: Lake Wyola State Park in Shutesbury, MA.
- Abbe Laine Schiowitz recommends: Fiske Pond in Wendell, MA; and the covered bridge in Greenfield, MA.
- Fran Lofland recommends: Skeeterville in Belchertown, MA.
- Marya Kozik LaRoche recommends: Waterfalls instead of swimming holes.
- Rebecca Trow Addison recommends: Green River between Greenfield and Colrain, MA.
- Cheryl Svoboda Asher recommends: DAR State Forest in Goshen, MA.
- Sarah Tutun recommends: Tri-town Beach in Whately, MA.
- Belchertown Family Center recommends: Puffers Pond in Amherst, MA.
Know of a publicly accessible swimming hole in Western MA to recommend to families? Share it below.