HILLTOWN FAMILY VARIETY SHOW
with Sienna & Persephone
WXOJ LP – 103.3 FM – Valley Free Radio – Northampton, MA
Tuesday evening @ 7pm
T-Shirt & Blue Jeans Episode
- The Hipwaders – “Turn Up The Radio” [Educated Kid]
- Donovan – “I Love My Shirt” [20 Great Kids Songs]
- David Grover & The Big Bear Band – “The Shirt Song” [A Family Concert]
- Princess Katie & Racer Steve – “Jeans!” [Songs for the Coolest Kids]
- Daddy A Go-Go – “Ants in My Pants” [Cool Songs for Cool Kids]
- Richard Perlmutter – “Fossils From Carnival of the Animals” [Beethoven’s Wig 3]
- Billy Jonas – “What Kind of Cat Are You?!” [Classic Animal Songs]
- Bruce Springsteen – “Chicken Lips & Lizard Hips” [Every Child Deserves A Lifetime]
- Ann Torralba – “I Love My Little Hat” [Wiggleworms Love You]
- Bob Dylan – “This Old Man” [Every Child Deserves A Lifetime]
- David Grover & The Big Bear Band – “That Little Shirt My Mother Made For Me” [Passin’ It On]
In preparation for the HFVS 1st Annual T-Shirt Review Mini-Fest & Ice Cream Social happening this Saturday, we pulled out a few shirt songs (plus jeans, pants and a hat) and threw together a wardrobe episode. A little mixed-matched, but it works. This week’s photo is a collage of t-shirt images we received from our participating artists. We’ll have details from the event in the upcoming weeks following the review. So be sure to check back often.
FEATURED NEW CD’S
We received a couple of new compilation CD’s this week that we included songs from into the mix. The first CD is Classic Animal Songs. We decided to play Billy Jonas’ song, “What Kind of Cat Are You?!” While the song was playing I asked Persephone what kind of cat she was. She predictably said, “A Cheetah!” Then she asked me what kind of cat I was. I responded, “A black panther caught in a circus act!” — Jonas’ song doesn’t actually explore the different kinds of cats but rather different words that begin with “cat,” like catastrophe, catalytic converter and catacomb. It’s a cleaver and “cat”chy song. Other artists featured on Classic Animal Songs include Trout Fishing in America, Dan Zanes, Peter Himmelman, Joe McDermott, Parachute Express, and many others.
We also played a couple of cuts from Every Child Deserves A Lifetime, a new fund-raising CD to benefit the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation. I couldn’t resist playing Bob Dylan singing “This Old Man” and Bruce Springsteen singing “Chicken Lips and Lizard Hips.” Another cut off this album I’d like to play on a future episode of HFVS is Little Richard’s version of “Itsy Bitsy Spider.” You really can’t go wrong with this CD. It has “gift” written all over it. Between a group of artists that have parent appeal, a song selection that has kid appeal, and the proceeds going to benefit a children’s health organization, I’ll be stuffing this into stockings this upcoming holiday season.
PAST EPISODES OF HFVS [Click episode title to listen now]
HEAR HERE:The Hilltown Family Variety Show can be heard on-air every Tuesday from 7-7:30pm on WXOJ LP, 103.3 FM, Valley Free Radio, out of Northampton, MA.
SUBMIT AUDIO, VIDEO & LITERATURE: Mail a press kit & media to be reviewed to HFVS, P.O. Box 98, West Chesterfield, MA 01084.