WXOJ LP – 103.3 FM – Valley Free Radio
Tuesday evening @ 7pm
- Harry Nilsson – “Me and My Arrow” [The Point]
- The Beatles – “Fixing a Hole” [Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band]
- Gustafer Yellowgold – “Aye, Aphid” [Have You Never Been Yellow?]
- Lobo – “You and Me and a Dog Named Boo”[Me & You & A Dog Named Boo & Other Hits]
- Gustafer Yellowgold – “Mint Green Bee” [Wide Wild World]
- Crystale Gayle – “Don’t It Make My Brown Eyes Blue” [Greatest Hits]
- Gustafer Yellowgold – “Punching Cheese” [Have You Never Been Yellow?]
- Harry Nilsson – “Coconut” [Greatest Hits]
- Gustafer Yellowgold – “A Fa and a La” [Previously unreleased]
- Gustafer Yellowgold – “Mustard Slugs” [Have You Never Been Yellow?]
Big thanks to Morgan Taylor from Gustafer Yellowgold who we had on as our special Guest DJ playing tunes from his childhood. Being the youngest of three, Morgan’s music exposure as a kid was from 45s his older siblings had and the radio, where he remembers listening to songs by the Beatles and Crystal Gayle in the mornings while eating breakfast. Morgan selected a couple of tunes by Harry Nilsson for this weeks show. This led me to discover a video from The Point with one of Harry Nilsson’s songs that Uncle Rock played on his Guest DJ visit, “Think About Your Troubles:”
- Gwyneth Butera of Atlanta, GA
on winning the DeSota Record’s compilation album, Play! and t-shirt from last week’s contest.
THIS WEEK’S CONTEST: GUSTAFER YELLOWGOLD
For this week’s contest we’re offering a grab bag of goodies including music and the t-shirt that Gustafer Yellowgold submitted to the HFVS T-Shirt Review. Here’s what you can win:
- Gustafer Yellowgold’s Wide Wild World CD/DVD package
- Gustafer Yellowgold T-shirt (youth size small)
- Gustafer Yellowgold plush doll
- Tattoos of four different GY characters
- GY sticker
“Once you’ve gotten to know Gustafer Yellowgold from his DVD you’re hooked. He’s cute and yellow and likes to jump on cakes. But many of our reviewers didn’t know this, and when they saw his yellow head framed by a black t-shirt it was love at first sight. “I want that one,” said Josh (age 5) of Williamsburg, MA. “He just looks cool,” commented Shomari (age 9) of Buckland, MA. “Auction that one off TODAY!” remarked Bryn (dad) of Buckland, MA.” – HFVS T-Shirt Review.
HOW TO WIN: For your chance to win, simply post us a comment below. We’ll randomly draw a winner from everyone who leaves a comment. IT’S THAT SIMPLE! Deadline is 12/18/07 @ 7pm (EST).