Listen to Podcast:
HILLTOWN FAMILY VARIETY SHOW
Lunar Eclipse Episode
WXOJ LP – 103.3 FM – Valley Free Radio
Tuesday evening @ 7pm
Kira Willey – “Midnight Moonlight” [Dance For The Sun]
- Dog On Fleas – “The Moon Song” [When I Get Little]
- Brady Rymer – “Full Moon Walk” [Every Day is a Birthday]
- Dan Zanes & Friends – “Moonlit Town” [Catch that Train!]
- Brady Rymer – “Hey, Mr. Moonlight” [I Found It]
- Elizabeth Mitchell & Lisa Loeb – “Catch the Moon” [For The Kids Too]
- Uncle Rock – “Baby Loves the Moon” [Uncle Rock U]
- Bill Harley – “Moon and Me” [Play it Again]
- Eric Herman – “The Tale of the Sun and the Moon” [Snail’s Pace]
This week’s featured video is an African folktale about the sun and the moon. We have a storybook of this folktale that used to be my daughter’s favorite book a few years ago. We must have read that story a gazillion times.
THIS WEEK’S CONTEST
This week we’re offering a choice between two different t-shirt styles submitted by Brady Rymer for the HFVS T-Shirt Review, along with Grammy Winner Bill Harley‘s album, Blah, Blah, Blah. an excellent CD of Bill’s storytelling.
Brady Rymer submitted a series of four different designs in four different colors. The series was reviewed favorably by both kids and their parents. “I love this series of pastels, retro and rock,” commented Bill (dad).The blue shirt that features a young boy finding his green guitar in a sea of toys, shouting “I Found It!,” won the most favorable comments out of the Rymer series. “I like the guitar … or is it a ukulele?” observed Avita (age 5).
The pink shirt features animal crackers falling from the sky into a girl’s open mouth, with the caption, “Eatin’ Animal Crackers.” Collectively, only the adults seemed to fully appreciate the reference; exposure to such treats being somewhat limited in this health conscious crowd. This was apparent from the kids comments: “It’s funny that she’s eating the toys,” commented Natalie (age 6) of Northampton, MA. And Josh (age 5), commented, “She’s eating a tiger, a whale, a horse, a seal and an elephant!”
- CD:Blah, Blah, Blah by Bill Harley
- T-Shirt: Youth Size 7 (pink or blue)
HOW TO WIN: For your chance to win, simply post us a comment below. We’ll randomly draw a winner from those who leave a comment. IT’S THAT SIMPLE! — Deadline is 02/26/08 @ 7pm (EST).