Listen to Podcast:
ROLLIN’ ON EPISODE
Saturday from 9-10am
September 19th, 2009
WXOJ LP – 103.3 FM – Valley Free Radio
FEATURED VIDEO: Rebecca Frezza & Big Truck – “Big Truck” [Rockin’,Rollin’ and Ridin’]
- Rebecca Frezza & Big Truck – “Big Truck” [Rockin’,Rollin’ and Ridin’]Music
- Joe West – “Dump Truck and Tractors” [If The World Was Upside Down]Music
- Ben Rudnick & Friends – “Old Joe Clark” [A Frog Named Sam]
- Station Id: The Harmonica Pocket [www.harmonicapocket.com]
- PSA: Library Card Sign-Up Month
- Lunch Money – “I Love My Library” [Dizzy]
- Laura Doherty – “Firefly” [Kids in the City]Music
- Charity and the JAMband – “Wish” [Rock Your Socks Off]
- Station Id: Steve Weeks [www.steveweeksmusic.com]
- The Deedle Deedle Dees – “Teddy Days” [Freedom in a Box!]
- Mr. David – “Crocodiles are Hungry” [Jump in the Jumpy House]
- Burl Ives – “The Sailor and the Crocodile” [Burl Ives Favorites for Children]
- Burl Ives- “The Crocodile Song” [Burl Ives Favorites for Children]
- Rebecca Frezza & Big Truck – “Hey-O” (featuring Roscoe Orman) [Rockin’, Rollin’ and Ridin’]Music
- Wicked Hemlocks – “Number Count” [Quill of the Mad]
- School House Rock – “Three is a Magic Number” [School House Rock]
- Station Id: Yosi & The Superdads [www.yosimusic.com]
- AudraRox – “Moms & Dads” [Park Slope Parents: The Album]
- Peter Himmelman – “Main Dish” [My Trampoline]Music
- Uncle Rock – “Hippie Harvest Kitchen” [Uncle Rock U]
ANNOUNCEMENTS: SEPT, 18, 2009
- PSA – DINNER ON US: In Amherst there will be a free weekly roundtable discussion series for campus and Amherst Family Center families with young children called Dinner on Us, Monday evenings during the academic year in the UMass Student Union Building in Amherst, MA. As far as I know it’s open to all, but if they run into over enrollment, I’m sure that they will prioritize UMASS students, staff, and alums, as well as AFC families. Sessions are free and include: dinner, supervised children’s activities and parking. Family Dinner: 5:15-5:45pm, Supervised Children’s Activities: 5:45-7:30pm, Roundtable Discussion: 6:00-7:30pm. Space is limited. To pre-register call: 413-545-4466 OR email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PSA – FAMILY DAY: A DAY TO EAT DINNER WITH YOUR CHILDREN: Did you know that the more often children and teens eat dinner with their families, the less likely they are to drink and use illegal drugs? They are also more likely to do better at school. Dinnertime is a great time to connect with your kids. Celebrate Family Day – A Day to Eat Dinner with Your Children on Tuesday September 29th with a meal at home or at one of the participating restaurants offering family discounts on Tuesday the 29th. Visit communitiesthatcarecoalition.org for a listing.
- PSA – POSITIVE DISCIPLINE: Positive Discipline Monthly Free Drop-in Parenting Circle in Florence, MA. Click here for more info.
Tune in to the Hilltown Family Variety Show on Saturdays from 9-10am on Valley Free Radio (VFR), 103.3FM (Northampton, MA), or listen via streaming audio at www.ValleyFreeRadio.org.
Every Saturday VFR offers four hours of commercial-free, quality family program from 6-10am, including Spare the Rock, Spoil the Child from 7am-9am. It’s better than Saturday morning cartoons! Turn off the T.V. and turn on local community radio!