QUESTION AND ANSWERS
Can anyone recommend an outdoor swimming pool to take the kids to in Western Massachusetts?
- Julie Gouldman Russell responds: If you happen to know someone who is a member – South Hadley has a great swimming club with an outdoor pool (or you could join yourself too).
- Jude McGowan responds: Northampton Country Club (fee/membership); Autumn Inn Elm St. in Northampton (fee/membership)?
- Jennifer Pierce responds: Mill River Recreation area in Amherst.
- Julianne Thibodeau Krutka responds: I love the public pool over in Agawam! It’s sponsored by the state. It’s in a great location tucked away off of North St. The name of it is the Gerald J. Mason Memorial Swimming Pool. It’s on Armory Street. (413)786-6254.
- Vicky George responds: Green River in Greenfield, MA. Just off I-91. It’s a part of the river that’s been made into a public swimming area, very nice. – DCR has a list of all public swimming pools in the state. Well, all the ones the Department of Conservation and Recreation has anything to do with.
- Theresa J Kelly Russell responds: Buckland Recreation Area. Two pools (one for the little ones!).
- Sienna Wildfield responds: A few more: Worthington Swim & Tennis Club in Worthington; Clarion Hotel in Northampton; John H. Thomas Memorial Swimming Pool in Springfield (Blunt Park Rd. 413-736-7699); Sara Jane Sherman Memorial Swimming Pool in Chicopee on Meadow Street.
- Sandra Dias responds: Nonotuck Park in Easthampton. Chicopee also has a pool at Szot Park. There is a fee for both.