QUESTION AND ANSWERS
Alison Webster asks, “Does anyone know where I could donate used, very good condition toys and they would go directly to kids/families?”
- Shoshona King recommends: Amherst Survival Center
- Jody Hadden recommends: Try your local womens shelter or homeless shelter. I know the Elizabeth Freeman Center (Great Barrington, MA) takes them – also any daycare center usually will.
- Alisa Blanchard recommends: Or the Redfield House in Pittsfield, MA.
- Heather Richardson recommends: Contact your local church and see if they can be donated to them for families in need. That’s where mine are going.
- Swansea Benham Bleiche recommends: Family Centers will take them and use them in their centers or give them to families.
- Debbie Richards recommends: Northampton Survival Center 413-586-6564
- Faith Ann recommends: Forbes Library “Giving Tree” in the Children’s Department (Northampton, MA) get distributed to kids in need.
- Diane Hinze Kanzler recommends: The Greenfield Family Inn at 128 Federal Street accepts donations of used items in good condition. All items go directly to the families living there. 413-774-6382. It’s important to call first.
- Alison Platek Webster writes: Thank you all for the great suggestions. Hoping to start a tradition with my kids (oldest is 2) of giving both our toys and new toys each holiday.
Heather Richardson asked a similar question this summer. Check out recommendations the community offered her HERE.