Question and Answer
Sugar season is fast approaching! Where’s your favorite sugar bush or sugar shack to take the family during Maple sugar season?
- Anita Morehouse recommends: “Growing up we always went to Gould’s in Shelburne… or was it Charlemont?”
- Jenny Giering recommends: High Hopes Farm in South Worthington on Rt. 112! Open every Saturday & Sunday from 2/26 to Easter 7 AM – 2 PM. Awesome breakfast & great syrup!”
- Maryellen Smith Rousseau recommends: “Love both South Face Farm in Ashfield and Steve’s Sugar Shack in Westhampton.”
- Tish Serrani recommends: “Straw Bale Cafe at Hanging Mountain Farm in Westhampton. Try the eggbake, it’s yummy.”
- Jill Robinson recommends: “On opening day, this Saturday Feb. 26, Steve’s Sugar Shack (Westhampton) will be donating a portion of that day’s profits to Pioneer Valley Habitat for Humanity. Check it out! You can find out more on Habitat’s Facebook page.”
- Leslie A. Keller recommends: “So far…. Red Bucket… they have the best carrot-cake pancakes ever!!”
- Karen Lucas recommends: “Love the Red Bucket! Can’t wait til this weekend when they are open!!!”
- Sienna Wildfield recommends: “We too love going to Red Bucket Sugar Shack in Worthington. They serve a nice breakfast and it’s so much fun to watch them boil down the sap while waiting for a table!”
- Patty Pike Greene recommends: “I very much miss Gray’s Sugarhouse in Ashfield… but close second is Southface Sugarhouse in Ashfield!!! Can’t wait!”
- Shoshona King recommends: “I love the North Hadley Sugar Shack. Maple milk shakes in the summer, harvest veggies in the fall, Christmas trees & onions in the winter, and of course maple sugar as a 1st sign that spring is coming.”
- Stephanie Gale recommends: “I like Davenport in Shelburne! But now that we moved to Easthampton, we found that we love North Hadley Sugar Shack.”
- Shannon Soones Golden recommends: “North Hadley!”
- Patricia Loomis recommends: “Red Bucket!”
- Amy Meehan Higgins recommends: “I love all of them…but have a weakness for corn fritters and a beautiful drive…so South Face it is!”
- Rebecca Dejnak recommends: “Williams Farm in Deerfield.”
- See more recommendations.
- Post a recommendation.
There are many area sugar shacks to bring your family to during sugar season that serve breakfast with the fresh maple syrup. Be sure to call ahead for schedules.
South Face Farm Sugarhouse (413) 628-3268
Williams Farm Sugarhouse (413) 773-5186
North Hadley Sugar Shack (413) 585-8820
Davenport Maple Farm (413) 625-2866
Gould’s Sugarhouse (413) 625-6170
Pomeroy’s Sugarhouse (413) 568-3484
Hanging Mountain Farm (413) 527-3210
Steve’s Sugar Shack (413) 527-0294
High Hopes Sugarhouse (413) 238-5919
The Red Bucket Sugar Shack (413) 238-7710
- MORE INFORMATION
Additional information about sugaring and the sugaring season is available from the Massachusetts Maple Producers Association in Plainfield , MA. Call (413) 628-3912.