Listen to Podcast:
GUEST DJ, MAMA DONI
Saturday from 9-10am & Sunday from 7-8am
April 7th & 8th, 2012
WXOJ LP – 103.3 FM – Valley Free Radio
Featured Video: “Mission Immatzoble” Passover song by Mama Doni – www.mamadoni.com
- Marlo Thomas – “Free To Be You and Me” [Free To Be You and Me]
- Mama Doni – “Rasta in Pasta” [I Love Herring & Other Fish Shticks For Kids]
- Elizabeth Mitchell – “This little Light of Mine”
- Funky Monekys – “Let My People Go” [Jewish Till Your Satisfied]
- Listen King Pharoah – “Shirah Kline” [Shir Lala Pesach]
- Ten Plagues – “Blueridge” [Side By Side]
- I’ll Have Another Piece Of Matzo – “Louie Miranda” [Jewish Fiesta]
- Four Questions – “David Gould” [Feast of The Passover]
- Mama Doni & Eric Lindberg – “Four Questions & My Yukeleleh”
- STORYTIME: The Little Red Hen and The Passover Matzah By Leslie Kimmelman
- Mama Doni – “Bubbie’s Tupperware” [I Love Herring & Other Fish Shticks For Kids]
- The Barry Sisters – “Passover Medley” [The Very Best Of]
- The Soup Dragons – “I’m Free” [Played In Full: The 90’s]
- Jimi Hendrix – “Freedom” [Best Of Jimi Hendrix]
- Cat Stevens – “If You Want to Sing Out, Sing Out” [Gold: Cat Stevens]
- Bill Withers – “Lean On Me” [The Best of Bill Withers]
- Mama Doni – “Mission Immatzoble”
Passover is one of the most important Jewish holidays of the year, and is all about being together with family, eating matzo, having a ceremonial meals called the Passover Seder. At the Seder, we tell the story of the Jews liberating from Egypt and being free from slavery, and reminisce with friends and family, tell stories, sing, and ask questions.
Passover is about getting through the tough times in life, and celebrating our freedoms in life! It is a time to remember that our freedom to be ourselves is so special and awesome, and we should all look around and be grateful for all of the freedoms we have in our lives. For 8 days Jewish people do not eat something called “Chametz”, food like bread, pasta, or even pizza! We eat lots of matzo and get to eat things like Matzo Pizza!
Check out my recipe for Matzo Pizza from my upcoming book that I wrote with “Recipe Rachel” coming out next fall called “Get Cooking! A Jewish American Family Cookbook & Rockin’ Mama Doni Celebration.”
Mama Doni’s Matzo Pizza
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 matzos
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Herbs: grab your favorite spices like oregano, garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Place 1 matzo on a baking sheet
- Spread some olive oil on the matz.
- Spread Smear 1/2 cup of tomato sauce on the matzo
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese
Repeat steps for the second matzo. You can leave it beside the first one or make a double decker pizza and put it on top of the first matzo!
Bake for 15 minutes.
Go to www.behrmanhouse.com/get-cooking for more passover recipes!