4th of July Celebrations & Fireworks in Western MA for 2015
To follow is a preview of events, parades & fireworks happening to celebrate the 4th of July for 2015. Please take the time to confirm events you wish to attend, including time, place, age appropriateness, location and costs before attending.
Be sure to check out the Hilltown Families list of Weekly Suggested Events every Thursday for a comprehensive list of family and community events happening in Western MA. Subscribe to our free eNewsletter and have weekly update sent to your inbox every Thursday!
Friday, June 26
- 6pm- FIREWORKS: The City of Holyoke’s annual Fourth of July fireworks will take place at Holyoke Community College. There will also be food, music, and activities for the whole family. Rain date 6/27. Homestead Avenue. Holyoke, MA. (FREE)
Saturday, June 27
- 3:30pm – CELEBRATION & FIREWORKS: The Ware Lions Club Independence Celebration features live music, food, and of course, fireworks! Grenville Park, Church Street, Ware, MA.
- 4pm-11pm – FIREWORKS: There will be fireworks, food, and music at Stanley Park, sponsored by the Westfield Rotary Club. Rain date 6/28. 413-568-9312. 400 Western Avenue. Westfield, MA. (FREE)
- 5pm – FIREWORKS: Enjoy fireworks, food, music, games, and more at the Northampton Family Fourth Celebration at Look Park. Rain date 6/28. 300 North Main Street. Florence, MA. (FREE)
- 9:15pm – FIREWORKS: Come to the Quarry Hill Community School for fireworks and food as part of Monson’s Summerfest. Rain date 6/28. 43 Margaret Street. Monson, MA.
- 9:30pm – FIREWORKS: Chicopee Parks & Recreation is hosting a fireworks display at Szot Park. 687 Front Street. Chicopee, MA (FREE)
Friday, July 3
- 10pm – FIREWORKS: Spend time with family, friends, and community members at East Longmeadow’s fireworks celebration! The fireworks take place at East Longmeadow High School. 180 Maple Street. East Longmeadow, MA.
- Dusk – FIREWORKS: : South Hadley’s annual fireworks celebration. Rain date 7/5. South Hadley, MA. (FREE)
Saturday, July 4
- 7am – 3pm COMMUNITY CELEBRATION & PARADE: The theme of the 68th annual Chesterfield Parade this year is “A Little Slice of Heaven.” A quintessential New England small town 4th of July daylong celebration featuring a pancake breakfast at the firehouse, community artwork, food, music, magic, a parade, and so much more! 413-296-4422. Downtown Chesterfield (Route 143 & Main Street). Chesterfield, MA (FREE)
- 11am – PARADE/CELEBRATION: Parade kicks-off promptly at 11am and travels Route 2 (from Southworth Street) to Spring Street. The parade will end at the base of Spring Street. After the parade, enjoy a free one-hour concert by the Patriot Brass Band along with refreshments. At 1:30pm, on the lawn of Williams College’s Chapin Library at Stetson Hall, visiting actors to the Williamstown Theatre Festival will make the founding documents come to life as they read the Declaration of Independence and the British reply. 413-458-9077. Spring Street. Williamstown, MA. (FREE)
- 10am – PARADE: Celebrate Independence Day at the Monson Summerfest Parade. Watch the floats go by while spending the holiday with family and friends. Main Street. Monson, MA. (FREE)
- 10am – PARADE: Celebrate Independence Day in Downtown Pittsfield at their annual parade. This year’s theme is “Celebrating Our Independence.” Rain or shine. Downtown. Pittsfield, MA. (FREE)
- 10am – PARADE: Celebrate Independence Day at the East Longmeadow 4th of July Parade! Bring the whole family to see the parade go by and hear the marching band. Parade starts at high school. East Longmeadow, MA. (FREE)
- 5pm – FIREWORKS: The Amherst LSSE is hosting a Fourth of July celebration at UMass with fireworks, food, hot air balloon rides, entertainment, and more! Fireworks start at 9:30pm. 413-259-3065. Stadium Drive. Amherst, MA. (> < $ FOR PARKING)
- 7pm – FIREWORKS: Star Spangled Springfield, the city of Springfield’s annual fireworks show, happens at Riverfront Park. Enjoy music beginning at 7pm from the steps of City Hall; fireworks scheduled for 9:30pm. Springfield, MA.
- 9:30pm – FIREWORKS: : Annual fireworks celebration following the 4th of July SteepleCats game. North Adams, MA (FREE for viewers outside of stadium; <$ for ballgame entry and stadium seating for fireworks)
Sunday, July 5
- 4pm-10:30pm – FIREWORKS: The Greenfield Independence Day Celebration features live music, dance, food, and fireworks. Fireworks start at 9:35pm. Rain date 7/6. Beacon Field, 120 Beacon Street. Greenfield, MA. (FREE)