Cultural Itinerary for Western Massachusetts
Seasons: Sept & Oct
Who am I? Where am I? These are the fundamental questions proposed by the humanities. Inquiries related to local history, literature, and education, inspire us to think deeply about the places where we live and how our identity fits into the context of our community and the seasons.
Learning Ahead: Cultural Itinerary for Western Massachusetts is a new bimonthly publication produced by Hilltown Families that sheds light on embedded learning opportunities found in cultural resources that exist within the geography, history, and cultural traditions of Western Massachusetts.
With these downloadable seasonal itineraries, self-directed teens, lifelong learners, and families are encouraged to engage together in cultural opportunities that support similar interests, resulting in a shared history, strengthening sense of place.
Looking through a seasonal lens, our debut Cultural Itinerary for Western Massachusetts is for the months of September and October and includes:
- Participation in local CULTURE: Agricultural Fairs and Fall Festivals
- PLACEMAKING through annual events: Guided Tours and Plein Air Paint Outs
- Gathering and preparing seasonal FOOD: Apples and Pumpkins
- VALUE based engagement: Intergenerational, Skillsharing, and Community Meals
- Marking the SEASON with annual events: Back-to-School and Halloween
- Engage in local HABITAT: Nature Trails and Fall Foliage
- INTEREST based learning: Domestic Arts, Pastry Arts, and Paranormal