#GivingTuesday is the first Tuesday after Black Friday & Cyber Monday, a global day of generosity, when people around the world contribute to causes they believe in. Be a part of this international outburst of intentional giving by supporting a local organization that makes life richer for you, your family, and your community.
#GivingTuesday is the time to donate to the institutions that touch your life, including Hilltown Families! A gift to Hilltown Families, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, expands the work of hundreds of community organizations throughout the four counties of Western Massachusetts. Our award-winning website includes weekly listings and featured posts of community-based educational and service-based learning opportunities.
The work of Hilltown Families helps connect other non-profit organizations to their community while supporting the interests and education of our community. Help Hilltown Families continue to support and connect community organizations with community members across the region!
To learn more about the vision & mission of Hilltown Families, check out this TEDx Talk by Hilltown Families founder, Sienna Wildfield:
How will your gift help Hilltown Families? Let’s us count the ways…
- Allow us to identify, interpret and curate community-based educational opportunities and community-building events in western MA through a comprehensive list of Weekly Suggested Events.
- Support interests and education through our weekly column, Learn Local. Play Local.
- Produce a weekly commercial-free hour-long family radio show/podcast: Hilltown Family Variety Show
- Share self-directed learning opportunities for teens and adults with our bimonthly publication, Learning Ahead: Cultural Itinerary for Western Massachusetts
- Deliver over 1,500 hours of community service through service-based learning with our Family Community Service Events and collaborations with other non-profit organizations!
- Provide local writers a public forum to connect with their community with monthly columns like In Appreciation: Reflections on Teaching Gratitude & Empathy, The Ripple: Stories About Western MA Rivers, and Learning Landscapes: Integrating Permaculture with Community-Based Education.
- Expand literacy support with resources like our published literary guides and monthly columns, including Open Sesame: Kid Lit Musings & Reviews.
- Initiate community building through engagement with events like our annual Handmade Valentine Swap and collaborations with organizations like Flywheel and The Food Bank.
- Keep our community connected through a grassroots communication network which includes a free weekly eNewsletter, social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Flickr, YouTube), a listserv, and our award-winning website!
Support Hilltown Families! #GiveCommunityBasedEducation on #GivingTuesday… or any day of the year!