Hilltown Families will be hosting a new Service-Learning Micro-Event Series featuring “Acts of Kindness” volunteer stations for families at multiple locations this winter! This series is modeled after our larger community-service events, with a shift towards smaller micro-volunteer opportunities through the spring at community events, including winter farmers’ markets, in the hopes that these smaller volunteer opportunities will allow us to engage new audiences with service-learning opportunities!
The first Service-Learning Micro-Event will take place on Saturday, January 21, 2017 at the Amherst Winter’s Farmers’ Market from 10am-2pm. Families will have an opportunity to stop by our pop-up volunteer station anytime between 10am-2pm to create handmade valentines to be distributed to seniors in the community. If interested in volunteering to run the station for a 60-minute block, please sign up here (sign-up is first come, first served)!
- Date: Saturday, January 21st
- Time: 10am-2pm
- Event: Amherst Winter’s Farmers’ Market
- Location: Amherst Regional Middle School (170 Chestnut Street)
- How to Volunteer:
- Option 1) Stop by between 10am-2pm with your families for a kid-friendly activity;
- Option 2) Sign up to help run the table (60-minute slots available). To sign up, just follow the instructions on the page. It only takes a few seconds to do.
To learn more about the Amherst Winter’s Farmers’ Market, visit them online, or better yet, come on by to support local farming and healthy living!
Learn more about the vision and mission of Hilltown Families here: TEDx Talk: Supporting Education Through Community Engagement
Hilltown Families Service-Learning Micro-Event Series is sponsored by Easthampton Savings Bank. Thank you to their support of volunteerism and service-based learning for families in Western MA!