Homemade for the Holidays
Spreading Seasonal Cheer in Your Community
Looking for a creative way to participate in community service this holiday season? Does your family make holiday decorations together? Maybe you make garlands of popcorn & cranberries, pomanders (clove studded oranges), salt dough ornaments, mini gingerbread houses out of graham cracker, or decorate your home with paper snowflakes?
Why not make a few extra this holiday season and then take them to your nearest nursing home, children’s hospital or food pantry to add some holiday cheer there too? Get the kids thinking about how to share the joy that happens at home out into their community.
Want to start a new tradition in your home? Here are some links to get you started:
- Salt Dough Ornaments at Tinkerlab
- Gluten Free Salt Dough Ornaments at Paint Cut Paste
- Graham Cracker Gingerbread Houses at Celebrations
- How to Make a Pomander at All About You
- How to Make Paper Snowflakes at Inspiration for Home
- Old Fashioned Popcorn and Cranberry Garland at Craftmodo
[Photo credit: (ccl) Crazy House Capers]